Join the CA Team
We know we’re not like other schools.
Our job is to create a learning environment that nurtures students’ unique needs and helps them achieve their personal best. We will do anything to help, guide and inspire our students. By building relationships and developing a true understanding of where they’re coming from, we can tailor the way we teach to the way they learn and give them the confidence to discover where they want to go. If this sounds like a big goal, that’s because it is. We want to set our students up for more than just amazing grades. We want to set them up for amazing lives.
We are Calgary Academy. Are you?
What we offer
Our school is the place you want to be if you are passionately committed to the future of education, if you’re a lifelong learner who believes in continually improving your practice and if you’re a collaborative team member who knows the sum is greater than the whole of the parts. If any of these traits sound familiar, we want to hear from you!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a little bit of CA flair.
At Calgary Academy, it’s all about the kids. Our students need your very best, so we’re passionately committed to helping you give it. Small class sizes allow you to build authentic relationships with your students, and their academic journey is mapped out each year by an individual program plan. The IPP will help guide your lesson planning, delivery and will enable you to tailor your instruction to your students’ unique learning needs.
We don’t want or expect you to become an expert in a day. That’s why all new staff members are paired with a knowledgeable mentor for their first year. This usually occurs in a team teaching environment in a shared classroom, allowing fulltime collaboration, feedback and development. Our teachers were all mentees once, and they have a genuine desire to set you up for success and share with you the CA way. You’ll see our culture, behaviours and attitudes in action, allowing you to develop your skills faster and more effectively.
We see as much potential in our staff as we do our students. We’re dedicated to empowering you with the skills and tools you need to support your students. That’s why we have extensive summer training, a full-time Instructional Coach, customized professional development throughout the year, and weekly new staff training. At CA you are always supported and encouraged to reach your full potential.
Loving where you work is just as important as loving what you teach. When you can connect the two, great things happen. Our camaraderie is founded on a shared commitment to our students. Your colleagues will welcome you into the fold, , share their resources and stand by you during challenges and successes. We succeed and grow as a team, always.
Check below for current openings. If there are no current openings, but the CA Way sounds like something you want to be a part of, please direct your resume and cover letter to Erika Bowley, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donor Engagement CoordinatorView Details
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the sister organization to Calgary Academy and Headwater Learning Solutions. Through the Learning Foundation, we’re able to fund future research efforts, and take educational experiences to the next level while creating better resources, meeting the changing needs of students and acting as the voice for the industry.
As part of the Calgary Academy family, we embrace two ethos: we are all learners, and students are the centre of everything we do. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, and working collaboratively with the Alumni Engagement Lead, the Donor Engagement Coordinator will provide leadership in building and maintaining lasting relationships with donors and prospects, working to secure our organizations’ futures. The successful candidate will lead all fundraising initiatives including special donor cultivation events, major gifts, annual planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing.
Working closely with senior management, the Donor Engagement Coordinator is responsible for relationship management and administration of all current and prospective donors with professional and ethical donor relations practices, consistently seeking new funding opportunities, and developing strategic fundraising plans for various campaigns, projects, and the growth of our endowment.
- Create, plan and oversee comprehensive and detailed plan to ensure successful implementation and completion of fundraising initiatives, including a CA Capital Campaign
- Collaborate with Director of Advancement and Alumni Engagement Lead to develop long-term Strategic Plans for Resource Development that support overall strategic direction of the organization
- Provide support where needed to Director of Advancement in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts for campaigns and projects and various fundraising initiatives
- Develop and maintain streamlined major gifts program including strategic relationship development strategies and detailed donor cultivation plans for all prospective and existing donor
- Collaborate with Alumni Engagement Lead on shared projects such as events and campaigns, develop and carry out strategies that mutually benefit both departments
- Work with Communications Lead to develop donor communications such as donor letters, project updates, proposals, event invitations, and all online donor messaging
- Prepare, implement and oversee a functional Resource Development Plan with a focus on growing relationships with current donors and cultivating new prospective supporters and sponsors.
- Implement RD Plan review practices to ensure the most relevant, effective and innovative fund development and relationship management practices are in place
- Conduct thorough prospect research to identify new donor prospects to include CA parents and families, alumni, present and past board members, staff and Corporations, Foundations, and research existing donors and stakeholders
- Develop and implement relevant and ethical Resource Development policies and procedures with a focus on a strong internal structure
- Maintain excellent record keeping of all donor, fundraising and tax receipting information
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in a fundraising role or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in charitable giving, donation handling in compliance with the CRA regulations and customer relations
- Demonstrated success developing and executing cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship strategies; experience coordinating campaigns and special events
- Excellent research and analysis skills; ability to contribute to strategic planning and provide insights into philanthropic trends and opportunities
- An advocate for educational advancement and transformation
- An exceptional communicator, comfortable speaking clearly, concisely, and effectively to groups of various sizes
- Documented positive outcome of a current Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Record Check
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, benefit package, RRSP and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Apply with a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Donor Engagement Coordinator” listed clearly in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants offered an interview will be contacted.
Guest TeachersView Details
About the Role
At Calgary Academy, it’s all about the kids. Our students need your very best, so we’re passionately committed to helping you give it. Small class sizes allow you to build authentic relationships with your students, and their academic journey is mapped out each year by an individual program plan. This plan will help guide your lesson preparation and delivery, and will support you in differentiating your instruction for your students’ unique learning needs. Calgary Academy provides guest teachers with a comprehensive orientation and training related to learning disabilities and the ‘CA Way’ so you are fully prepared to be a guest teacher with us. There is no shortage of opportunities to develop your skills and hone your craft!
We are currently searching for guest teachers with various backgrounds - both elementary generalists and secondary specialists.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated success working in a school setting
- A passion for helping students work through challenges and unleash their potential
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively and adapt on the spot to the demands of the day
We offer a competitive daily rate for all our substitute teachers.
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Valid Alberta Education certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate
- Positive outcome on a current criminal record and vulnerable sector check
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply directly with covering letter, resume and three written teaching references to:
Erika Bowley, Director of Human Resources
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.