We design engaging, dynamic, student-centered experiences that nurture a caring, inclusive culture and instill a love of learning.
To be a beacon of possibility for richly personalized, engaging learning experiences that empower learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose.
- We believe we are all learners first, continuously redefining what is possible
- We believe in the principles of respect, enthusiasm, altruism, commitment and honesty (REACH)
- We believe students must be at the centre of all decision-making
- We believe in creating pathways as unique and varied as our learners
- We believe socio-emotional well-being empowers learners to thrive
- We believe foundational literacies are critical to deeper learning
- We believe in engaging richly with our families and our community
- We believe transparency and clarity of communication are critical for a healthy culture
- We believe collaborative and distributed leadership across all areas of Calgary Academy will best serve the needs of our community
The CA Way
Since our earliest days as pioneers in inclusive education, Calgary Academy has lived and breathed by a simple yet profound ethos: we place the individual needs of each student at the heart of everything we do. Rooted in this commitment, the spirit of Calgary Academy is embodied by a unique and authentic energy. Our growth-oriented, nurturing and inclusive culture promises that each student will be empowered to exceed their own expectations and to believe in the boundless opportunities the future holds. Hope, belonging, and a palpable sense of optimism fill our school and our hearts. Calgary Academy’s four pillars and guiding principles are woven throughout innovative programming proven to be incredibly successful since our inception; however, the true essence of Calgary Academy can only be captured by a feeling that is difficult to portray with words but undeniable in spirit. It is a feeling that fosters safety and life-long loyalty, and it is why Calgary Academy is a place so many families, students, staff, and alumni are so proud to call home.