About the Role
Calgary Academy is looking for two Educational Assistants to join our Learning team and focus on providing individualized learning opportunities for students with the end goal of supporting academic and executive function skill sets. The Educational Assistant will exhibit patience and commitment to student success, humility and flexibility to meet students where they are. This role is perfect for someone with at least 3 years prior experience working with kids with complex learning profiles and a strong desire to make a positive difference in a life of a child.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Work one-on-one with students
- Collaborate with teaching staff to consider student learning profiles and apply appropriate strategies and interventions.
- Foster a safe, secure, predictable environment where all students are comfortable, connected and cared for, encouraging them to take risks and participate.
- Take students’ prior learning, needs, and interests into account in the design of the learning experience.
- Build strong relationships with students in your care.
- Goal setting to support student successes.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary certificate or recognized vocational certificate in childcare/development or behaviour management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience of working with complex learners.
- Demonstrates warmth, respect, enthusiasm, patience, kindness, and empathy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, high-energy level and initiative.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization and high work standards.
- Evidence of problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Orientation for life-long learning and critical thinking.
- Effectively manages stress, is flexible, and can adapt quickly.