Administrative Services | Temporary
We are Calgary Academy. Are you?
For more than 30 years, Calgary Academy has provided an unparalleled environment that embraces students’ unique learning profile, while simultaneously inspiring them to achieve individual greatness. As a school, we have the skills to pinpoint each student’s learning needs, and the expertise to tailor the way we teach to the way each child learns. Our organization embraces the ethos we are all learners first; reinforcing our vibrant learning community!
Everyone knows that first impressions matter, and the school Administrative Assistant is the face of the organization and our values. Ensuring a compassionate and exceptional client experience for all internal and external stakeholders is your mission and top priority. You are the hub of the school and a go-to person for administrative matters, phone inquiries, visitors, attendance, school events and all things CA! You thrive on multi-tasking and organization is your middle name, as this position is the administrative backbone of Calgary Academy. The Administrative Assistant understands the importance of why we do what we do and acts with the best interest of every child at heart.
This is a temporary role until the end of June 2019 with a possibility of extension.
- Greet and interact with visitors, students, families and staff which require tact, discretion, courtesy and professionalism, contributing to a warm and welcoming environment
- Provide exceptional and timely in-person, phone, and e-mail experience to all stakeholders
- Support the planning, preparation, and execution of school events
- Manage school supplies, school equipment, and inventory
- Provide clerical and administrative support to stakeholders
- Support administration and staff in necessary communications
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work and converse efficiently with all levels of colleagues, clients and external contacts
- Results-oriented with a strong aptitude for organization and office administration
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task effectively despite distractions
- Ability to prioritize and meet targeted deadlines
- Loves working with children and in a school environment
- Team player who possesses a positive, solution-oriented approach
- Committed to the highest level of professional excellence
- Highly proficient with computers and technology, including in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with PowerSchool considered an asset
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume, three references as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9, 2018, attn: Erika Bowley, Director of Human Resources, with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Calgary Academy but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.