About the Role
Everyone knows that first impressions matter, and the school Administrative Assistant is the face of the organization and our values. Ensuring a compassionate and exceptional client experience for all internal and external stakeholders is your mission and top priority. You are the hub of the school and a go-to person for administrative matters, phone inquiries, visitors, attendance, school events and all things CA! You thrive on multi-tasking and organization is your middle name, as this position is the administrative backbone of Calgary Academy. The Administrative Assistant understands the importance of why we do what we do and acts with the best interest of every child at heart.
Please note that the start date for the role is August 16, 2021.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Greet and interact with visitors, students, families and staff which require tact, discretion, courtesy and professionalism, contributing to a warm and welcoming environment
- Provide exceptional and timely in-person, phone, and e-mail experience to all stakeholders
- Provide clerical and administrative support to staff, administration, and families
- Maintain accurate attendance records and monitor student attendance through the day
- Support the planning, preparation, and execution of school events
- Manage school supplies, school equipment, and inventory
- Support administration and staff in necessary communications
- Demonstrate innovation through fostering creativity, adopting new practices and technologies, modernization, research, and partnerships.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work and converse efficiently with all levels of colleagues, clients and external contacts
- Results-oriented with a strong aptitude for organization and office administration
- Warm, pleasant demeanor who works well with all personalities
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task effectively despite distractions
- Ability to prioritize and meet targeted deadlines
- Loves working with children and in a school environment
- Team player who possesses a positive, solution-oriented approach
- Committed to the highest level of professional excellence
- Highly proficient with computers and technology, including in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with PowerSchool considered an asset