About the Role
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the primary fundraising arm and is the organization that safeguards the assets of Calgary Academy. Housing all business services, HLF provides the resources necessary to unleash possibilities in learning and innovation as well as fundraising initiatives.
This versatile position is perfect for someone who has experience in alumni relations and fundraising campaign management and has a passion for building stronger communities. The individual in this role will actively engage in executing alumni programs and events and planning, research and coordination for various fundraising activities connected to annual giving. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, great communicator with outgoing personality, and eager to foster effective relationships with alumni and annual donors.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all alumni programs and events to support alumni engagement goals.
- Lead, develop, plan and implement all alumni programs and events to ensure a high-quality, meaningful, and alumni-centric experience in support of alumni engagement goals.
- Manage major communications with alumni ensuring consistency, fostering community spirit and upholding school’s REACH Principles.,
- Oversee, maintain and promote alumni social media networks and evaluate to increase participation across all platforms.
- Maintain alumni records.
- Grow and maintain alumni relationships to drive collaboration and support for the school community.
Annual Giving Campaigns:
- Serve as a primary architect and organizer for annual giving plans (from alumni and others).
- Oversee all annual giving programs including internal campaigns, annually funded student awards, and other programs.
- Ensure timely, quality donor stewardship for annual donors.
- Work with fund development in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving.
- Collaborate with fund development and communications to integrate and coordinate fundraising planning and execution.
- Create engaging communication pieces and proposals.
- Ensure ongoing familiarity with current trends in fund development.
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience in alumni/community relations
- 3+ years of non-profit or private sector fundraising experience
- 3+ years of alumni or volunteer engagement experience
- Demonstrated experience of planning and successfully executing events or fundraising campaigns
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database is considered an asset
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Works closely with others well, fostering strong relationships and excellent collaboration
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if required; must be flexible