About the Role
Calgary Academy is recruiting for an After-School Care Program Coordinator to join our team! This role is primarily responsible for providing after school care programming and supervision to elementary aged students who are the children of our staff. The role will focus on offering a variety of safe and engaging activities for students, continuing to build on school’s principles of Respect, Enthusiasm, Altruism, Commitment and Honesty. This role will also work with school operations to fulfill various school-based duties to support teachers, front desk, and our learning commons. If you enjoy working in a school setting where no two days are ever the same, this could be the role for you!
We are looking for someone who exhibits patience, energy, organizational skills, and flexibility to adjust to varying student needs. This is a part-time temporary contract, from early September to late June, with typical work hours of 1:40 – 4:40 p.m. each instructional school day. This role is not required to work professional working days as outlined on our school calendar.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Provide supervision and a variety of engaging activities for students of various ages (K-6)
- Ensure safety of students in care
- Resolve any conflicts between children in care
- Communicate with parents
- Support front office admin team in clerical duties as needed
- Completion of high-school diploma
- Experience working with children or running children programming
- First Aid Certification is required
- Police Clearance inclusive of vulnerable sector check