About the Role
We are looking for a Full-time Substitute Teacher to join our team on full-time temporary basis for the 2021/2022 School Year. The teacher in this role will work with students in across all school divisions where extra classroom support is needed or teacher absences arise. This is a great opportunity for new teachers looking to gain experience and on the job training.
At Calgary Academy Teachers are guided by the Teacher Quality Standard, embrace wholeheartedly the meaningfulness and challenges of the profession, and are resilient in the strive to achieve success every day, for every student. This position requires a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Interim Alberta Teaching Certificate and a positive outcome on a current Criminal Record Check, inclusive of Vulnerable Sector.
- Alberta Teaching Certification
- Ability to build trusting relationships, and create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and agility in your teaching practice and approach
- Fervent attitude for continuous professional learning, collaboration, and deep reflection
- Enthusiasm and persistence for student engagement, assessment, and wellness
- Compassion and patience, with an unwavering commitment to the diverse learning needs of the students and families in your care
- Knowledge and passion for creating authentic and personalized learning experiences, including, direct learning, flex learning, and integrative learning.