About the Role
We are looking for a Senior High Math Support Teacher to join our team on full-time temporary basis for the 2021/2022 School Year. The teacher in this role will work with students in high school grades to provide additional support and strategies for math curriculum. They may also be required to teach a class.
At Calgary Academy Teachers are guided by the Teacher Quality Standard, embrace wholeheartedly the meaningfulness and challenges of the profession, and are resilient in the strive to achieve success every day, for every student. This position requires a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Interim Alberta Teaching Certificate and a positive outcome on a current Criminal Record Check, inclusive of Vulnerable Sector.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Meet with students one-on-one to support their math goals, including on their lunch and spares.
- Connect with staff around areas of student concern
- Build learning plans with both students and parents to help students succeed
- Plan and run math tutorials during lunch, after school and during exam prep
- Support Math classes with struggling students
- Teach at least one high school math class.
- Hours will be from 8:30- 4:30 to provide longer afterschool support.
- Math specialization, as well as experience teaching 30-1 Math, is strongly preferred
- Ability to build trusting relationships, and create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and agility in your teaching practice and approach
- Fervent attitude for continuous professional learning, collaboration, and deep reflection
- Enthusiasm and persistence for student engagement, assessment, and wellness
- Compassion and patience, with an unwavering commitment to the diverse learning needs of the students and families in your care
- Knowledge and passion for creating authentic and personalized learning experiences, including, direct learning, flex learning, and integrative learning.