About the Role
The primary responsibility of the Literary Instructional Design Lead Gr. 4-8 role is to work collaboratively with colleagues in providing leadership, coaching cycles, and support in learning to instructional staff in grades 4-8. In addition to advancing the Calgary Academy learning model and outcomes in the Calgary Academy strategic plan, the role also includes taking the findings from the Research Team and translating them into instructional design to build teacher capacity within the school.
At Calgary Academy Teachers are guided by the Teacher Quality Standard, embrace wholeheartedly the meaningfulness and challenges of the profession, and are resilient in the strive to achieve success every day, for every student. This position requires a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Interim Alberta Teaching Certificate and a positive outcome on a current Criminal Record Check, inclusive of Vulnerable Sector.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Coach new and emerging teacher’s skill sets, collaborating with school administration on desired outcomes.
- Support the Orientation and Onboarding processes for new teachers.
- Support the mentorship program by engaging in the network approach.
- Collaborate with Agile Team Leads, Numeracy and Literacy Leads to support instructional practice and coherence within each grade level.
- Collaborate with educators to support evidence informed practice with instructional design, assessment, interventions, and supports for foundational literacy and numeracy skills.
- Collaboratively design the expansion of integrative and interdisciplinary projects.
- Assume responsibilities for providing leadership and visible processes that support specific teacher needs to advance their growth with the Teacher’s Quality Standard, Learning Model and CA Way.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree with 5+ years of Teaching experience, specific experience in elementary considered an asset.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of a solid understanding of learning theory, strategies, principles and techniques as well as instructional design models.
- Knowledge of best practice research and literature.
- Application of theory into classroom practice.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and mentorship to adults.
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate.