At the heart of everything we do is the child. For over 35 years Calgary Academy has been providing an unparalleled environment that embraces students’ unique learning profiles, providing individual pathways to student success! We design engaging, student-centered experiences that nurture a love of learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is supported by our four pillars, beliefs, and the CA Way which empower diverse learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose.
Calgary Academy, Teachers design engaging, student-centered experiences that nurture a love of learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is supported by our four pillars, beliefs, and the CA Way which empower diverse learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose. We are Calgary Academy. Are you?
By defying the conventional, we achieve the exceptional. Simply put, we do things differently around here, and we are looking for Teachers who possess:
- Ability to build trusting relationships, and create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and agility in your teaching practice and approach
- Fervent attitude for continuous professional learning, collaboration, and deep reflection
- Enthusiasm and persistence for student engagement, assessment, and wellness
- Compassion and patience, with an unwavering commitment to the diverse learning needs of the students and families in your care
- Knowledge and passion for creating authentic and personalized learning experiences, including, direct learning, flex learning, and integrative learning.
At Calgary Academy Teachers are guided by the Teacher Quality Standard, embrace wholeheartedly the meaningfulness and challenges of the profession, and are resilient in the strive to achieve success every day, for every student. This position requires a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Interim Alberta Teaching Certificate and a positive outcome on a current Criminal Record Check, inclusive of Vulnerable Sector.
Calgary Academy provides optimal learning environments for students and offers small class sizes, daily prep time, in-house expertise, collaborative work time with passionate and dedicated colleagues, and a comprehensive new teacher training program. New teachers are also partnered with a mentor allowing our staff to give their best and for you to learn from the best. To top it off, we offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefit package, Wellness Allowance, and an RRSP matching program.
This role may have teaching responsibilities, but we are committed to allow you the time required to focus on the substantial tasks at hand. Additionally, you will be provided with leadership development and will receive year long support and training. This role does not work in isolation, rather you will be joining an established team of Principal and two other Assistant Principals. We offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefit package, Wellness Allowance, and an RRSP matching program.