About the Role
The Human Resources Generalist role provides comprehensive HR administrative support to all levels of the Calgary Academy (and two sister entities—Headwater Learning Solutions and Headwater Learning Foundation) and is a valuable asset in executing on strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, this role manages the day-to-day HR responsibilities and employee inquires. This role leads major initiatives in Health and Safety, HRIS, and full cycle recruitment. This role is perfect for someone who is incredibly detailed oriented, dynamic, innovative, technology-minded, with a strong sense of ethics and possess leadership capability. This role embodies the employee experience therefore must be filled by someone who demonstrates care and consideration for others. The successful candidate’s leadership in these area will have a great impact on the culture of our organization.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Lead and implement full cycle recruitment strategy and on-boarding experience.
- Lead and implement the Health and Safety program, in collaboration with the Executive Director of HR, including membership on the Joint Worksite Health and Safety Committee.
- Lead and implement annual job design strategy, in collaboration with the Executive Director of HR.
- Lead and implement the HRIS system, ADP’s Workforce Now.
- Support Supervisor’s capacity in all HR reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Finance & Corporate Services in establishing and implementing payroll, benefit programs, including regular review of total compensation.
- Support execution of Strategic Plan by implementing HR priorities and initiatives.
- Manage and respond to all employee HR inquires.
- Prepare and process all contract changes, leaves, and off-boarding communication.
- Develop and support all HR reporting metrics.
- Collaborate on the development of HR procedures and internal controls, including maintenance of existing processes.
- Prepare, maintain, and control filing systems (paper and digital) and applicable certifications.
- Post Secondary Education in Human Resources
- Demonstrated success and experience working in an HR role
- Working knowledge of ADP’s Workforce Now or comparable HRIS
- Strong technical acumen and ability to work the Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and able to manage multiple priorities, meeting all targeted deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking, and writing
- Results-oriented with a strong aptitude for organization and office administration
- Team player who possesses a positive, solution-oriented approach
- Committed to the highest level of professional excellence and confidentiality
- Good comprehension of provincial employment laws and applicable legislation