About the Role
The Communications Coordinator role is a critical storyteller supporting the strategic initiatives of three leading learning organizations: Calgary Academy, Headwater Learning Foundation, and Headwater Learning Solutions. This highly collaborative role will work within the Advancement department to bring a storyteller’s lens to major projects, executing a number of communication tactics designed to build connections and inspire action. With projects that include an upcoming 40th Anniversary, the launch of an innovation incubator, and a mandate to support the transformation of education, this is a great role for an individual with outstanding prioritization skills, technical writing chops to back up their storytelling lens, and a passion for content strategy.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Draft and edit communications materials for a variety of mediums and channels, such as newsletters, web, speaking notes, presentations, and social media.
- Advance the brands of three distinct entities through intentional communications tactics
- Execute a variety of key communications tactics, including a variety of weekly and monthly newsletters for audiences that include staff, parents, and alumni
- Support content management for the Calgary Academy and Headwater Learning websites and staff portal, leveraging it as a tool for employee communications, storytelling, and business development.
- Support social media efforts with exceptional content creation
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Business or related accredited program
- 1-2 years experience in communications, blogging, or copywriting
- Professional copywriting and editing skills with the ability to create content for various purposes and/or a variety of mediums
- Experience writing for social media, web, educational and work tool documents
- Familiarity with the Canadian Press Style Book
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Adobe Pro DC, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Familiarity with emerging communications trends
- Flexibility in managing a challenging and dynamic workload while maintaining attention to details and deadlines
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign an asset