About the Role
This 16-week term position is a perfect experience for someone who loves connecting with people and can quickly build rapport and trust. This is a great opportunity to actively engage in planning, research and coordination for various events connected to the school’s 40th anniversary. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, great communicator with outgoing personality and ability to work on several projects. It is an opportunity to strengthen professional portfolio through a variety of tasks and hone essential skills for anyone in advancement or fund development roles.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support, research and coordination to facilitate events
- Engage with alumni, donors and other community members through warm calling
- Event planning, organization and communication
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Other duties as required
- Applicants must meet eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs Program:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency with MS Office
- Raiser’s Edge knowledge Is considered an asset
This is a short-term position from early August to end of November 2020.