About the Role
Exceptional first impression and client experience are goals of the Admissions department, whether we are admitting new families or servicing existing ones with re-enrolment. Working collaboratively with the well-established Admissions team, this role is the administrative and data management backbone of the department. The Admissions Systems Administrator understands the importance of why we do what we do and acts with the best interest of every child at heart.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Systems Administrator will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our school’s admissions and enrolment process, ensuring that our families always receive a seamless experience. To do so, exceptional organization skills are required, as the Admissions Systems Administrator will manage all prospective and returning families’ information and data through SchoolAdmin, as well as our in-house databases. The successful candidate must enjoy working in a dynamic educational environment and have the curiosity to learn new systems, problem solve and troubleshoot along the way. If you believe that all students have untapped potential, and you’re committed to helping them find it, this could be the role for you!
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Review and update application forms, enrollment and re-enrollment forms adhering to school policies and procedures.
- Maintain the SchoolAdmin system to ensure files are accurate and prepared for export to PowerSchool.
- Provide support in assessing admissions applications for completeness; create digital file, update checklists and enter the data into the admissions charts.
- Track progress of incoming materials, follow up on and request necessary documentation.
- Maintain accurate and up to date data records and create statistical reports as needed for enrollment and re-enrollment.
- Perform student record maintenance within the school, and with external resources.
- Communicate with students and families in a confidential and sensitive manner via phone, email, virtually or in person.
- Compose and manage correspondence on a regular basis with all interested stakeholders.
- Proficient with technology (hardware & software), Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- 2 + years experience in an administrative capacity, with a focus on records management.
- Post-secondary education in related field with experience in education, admissions, recruitment, communication, sales, marketing, and/or non-profits considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of SchoolAdmin and PowerSchool software programs considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a school setting and with children is considered an asset.
- A self-starter and attentive to details.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate empathy, compassion, and patience.
- Organized, efficient, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable in providing a variety of supports in a and supportive manner.
- Patient, inquisitive, and flexible mind-set.