About the Role
This part-time temporary position is perfect for someone wanting to use their accounting and bookkeeping skills to perform a variety of duties to ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions is run accurately and effectively. The individual will be supporting a small but efficient three people finance team with daily tasks and projects. The successful candidate must have great attention to detail, be able to work on several tasks at hand independently and efficiently as well as have great computer skills. It is an opportunity to strengthen professional portfolio through a variety of tasks and hone essential skills to develop one’s self. The position will work remotely for the duration of COVID-19 with occasional office work on as needed basis.
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the primary fundraising arm and is the organization that safeguards the assets of Calgary Academy. Housing all business services, HLF provides the resources necessary to unleash possibilities in learning and innovation as well as fundraising initiatives.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- Process and record invoices and payments in a variety of accounting software programs including Adagio, SchoolAdmin and Rycor
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, auditing and posting accounts receivable or accounts payable data
- Facilitate payment of overdue customer accounts by sending statements and contacting clients
- Respond to customer or vendor inquiries, resolve collection or payment issues, maintain good customer relations with parents, other parties and vendors
- Issue receipts and respond to parents billing questions
- Prepare reconciliations of accounts when necessary
- Other duties as assigned to support accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Demonstrated experience in an accounts payable or receivable role
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Positive outcome on a current criminal and vulnerable record check
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products
- Ability to work well independently and take direction well
This is a short-term position from October 2020 to end of June 2021.